Small Groups at Foley United Methodist Church are great places to explore faith, ask questions, study the Bible, and develop life-giving friendships with others. Groups meet weekly at various times and locations around Foley (either at the church or in someone's home). Whether you've been at Foley UMC for years or it's your first time at church, Small Groups are a fantastic way to get connected.
Spring Small Groups at Foley United Methodist Church
(To sign up, contact John Simonson at email@example.com with your name, email address, phone number, and the group name. If you aren't sure which group you'd like, we can help you find the right one for you.)
- The Wesleyan Way is a book study led by Shane and Peggy Ratcliff. This group starts April 16th and will meet on Mondays at 9:00 a.m. for 10 weeks at the church. In this study, participants will be invited into a deeper, more thoughtful, more active commitment to Christ as they study the Christian faith through the eyes of John Wesley.
- Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire is a book study led by Robert Pardue and Dianne Nassar. This group starts May 3rd and will meet on Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. for 7 weeks at the church. Pastor Jim Cymbala believes that Jesus wants to renew his people, and his book shows us what the Holy Spirit can do when believers get serious about prayer and the gospel.
- The Epic of Eden is a book study led by Susanna Donald and Krystal Korhonen. This group starts April 11th and will meet on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. for 13 weeks at the church. Have you ever been frustrated or confused by the Old Testament? You aren't alone! This study will help organize your understanding of the Old Testament and renew your enthusiasm for studying the Bible as the whole, amazing story of God's love for his people.
- Too Busy Not to Pray is a book study led by Johanna Harbisreitinger and Vicki Roberson. This group starts April 17th and will meet on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. for 5 weeks at the church. In our increasingly busy world, we often need practical advice on how to slow down enough to make prayer a priority. This study offers that advice and increases our own vision for the power of God through prayer.
- Ephesians is a focused study on the book of Ephesians led by Kevin and Sheryl Fitzjarrald. This group starts April 19th and will meet on Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. for 13 weeks at the Fitzjarrald's home in Foley. Commetators have called Paul's letter to the Ephesians "The Queen of Epistles" and "the divinest composition of man." This study will delve into this amazing letter to discover the heart and purpose of Christ's church.